Tambuwal orders immediate recruitment of 1000 graduates in Sokoto

By Suru Charles

Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto state has directed the immediate recruitment of no fewer than 1000 graduates into the state civil service.

The directive, according to him, is aimed at addressing the shortage of qualified manpower in the state public sector.

He has also sworn in twenty newly appointed permanent secretaries in the state.

His decision according to him is geared at boosting service delivery to the people of the state.

Addressing the new appointees at the council chamber in the state Government House, he instructed the Head of Service to collaborate with the state Teachers Service Board and the ministry for basic education on how to recruit mainstream teachers into the state civil service.

60% of those to be employed, as directed by the governor, should be teachers, while the remaining 40% should be absorbed into the administration pool of the civil service.

Read Also:

Last month, it would be recalled that the governor had ordered the establishment of a Public Service Institute to improve the capacity of the bureaucracy in the state.

Stressing that the recruitment of more civil servants is informed by the need to inject more staff into the system and provide employment to the youths and inject new blood into the system, he applauded the new Permanent Secretaries for their services, hard work and patriotism to the state.

He was also noticed to have appealed to them to sustain the hard work and commitment they are known for and called on the Head of Service to organize a retreat for them.

Some indigenes of the state who spoke with The Trumpet, are optimistic that the recruitment exercise will go a long way in reducing the high rates of unemployment, especially among the youths of the state.

Click on The Trumpet and follow us on our Twitter page for more:

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button