Undergraduate strangled to death by lover

by Orowo Victoria Orowo

Edo State police command has arrested a 27-year-old man, John Aipoh, for reportedly murdering his 24-yearold lover, Precious Ikpikhumi, after she ended their four-year relationship. Precious, a final year student at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital’s Institute of Health Technology, was declared missing by her family on May 1 after she went to church and did not return.

The police, after a detailed investigation, arrested John who confessed to have ambushed Precious while she was on her way to church on May 1, took her to an uncompleted building where he murdered her, and then moved to an unknown destination.

It was uncovered that Precious and John have been at loggerheads over some issues. It got so bad that Precious even sent a voice note to a friend of hers in which she expressed fears that John might kill her for calling off their relationship.

In the voice note Precious said; ”What I want to let you know is that it is not those two boys that are making me to do all these things. It has been long I have been telling John.

John said I cannot tell him that I am tired of the relationship as he was the one who approached me and he is the one who can decide when it will end. I told him even if you force me to date you, hope you know you cannot force me to marry you. It is better we have a broken relationship now than a broken marriage.

“I can’t please. I cannot die. If it happens that truly he harms me or kills because I refused to continue dating him, I know it shall never be well with him.

Read Also: Sowore publishes campaign account

My blood will always cry over his head. “I have made up my mind. If is that I will die in this relationship, a fly that fails to hear word is one that follows the corpse into the grave.

Since I don’t listen anything John does to me I will bear it.” Precious is said to have gone into hiding after calling off their relationship but was unfortunately found by John. On May 1st, 2022, John dragged her to an uncompleted building and killed her by using her scarf to strangle her.

He then escaped to an unknown destination. Following his arrest, he took the police to the uncompleted building where he dumped Precious’s lifeless body.

When interrogated, John, who was found with the phones of the deceased, said he killed Precious in anger after she called off their four year relationship. Precious’s body has been deposited in the morgue while the suspect is now in police custody and will be charged to court.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button