The Governor of Anambra State, professor Chukwuma Soludo has felicitated with the Chairman of Chrome Group of companies and the founder of Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF), Sir Dr Emeka Offor on his 65th birthday celebration.
Soludo said this at the 65th birthday anniversary celebration and distribution of 40,000 bags of rice to widows across Anambra state, which took place on Saturday 10th February 2024 at Radio House Oraifite, in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State.
The Governor described the past 65 years Sir Emeka Offor has spent on earth as years of impact, saying isn’t about how long a person lives, but how much impact they make in the lives of people around them.
He prayed that Offor lives for a minimum of 120 years so that he can continue to impact more lives.
Thanking Sir Offor for choosing to celebrate with the widows, vulnerable, and students of primary, secondary, and higher institutions in Anambra state when he could have celebrated anywhere in the world.
Soludo said Nigeria is going through challenges at the moment, especially food inflation. He said the funds and resources in the hands of the government are less than 10% of the wealth of the nation, with the other 90% in the hands of individuals, and as such, collective action by individuals is beyond necessary to ensure that the country overcomes all the challenges plaguing it at this moment.
According to him,the government of Anambra state is working on a Public, Private, community partnership, PPCP as the strategy for improving Anambra state, especially in areas such as building basic infrastructure like roads, health, and education, amongst others.
He commended Sir Offor for his unprecedented effort of donating 40,000 bags of rice to widows across Anambra state, as well as the distribution of books and educational materials to over 200 educational institutions in Nigeria.
The governor also invited other well-meaning indigenes of Anambra State to see this as a time to share and communicate our common humanity, by contributing to improve the lives of people around them in whatever way they can.
He called on the general public to appreciate Sir Offor for upholding the Anambra spirit through his efforts and decision to live for others, rather than himself, saying he has shown that one person can feed the entire state.