Defence & Security

SOKAPU Youth Wing condemns Southern Kaduna fresh killings

Two soldiers, 24 others confirmed dead

By Paul Michael, Defence Editor, Abuja

The youth wing of the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU) has condemned the killing of about 30 people in Agban, Kagoro, Kaura Local Government Area of the state by suspected militias.

The youths called on the people of Southern Kaduna to rise and defend themselves against those that come to kill and destroy their belongings.

On Sunday night, a group of suspected militias, in large numbers, invaded Agban, Kagoro and killed about 30 people, injured others and destroyed their properties.

In a statement issued by the National Youth Leader of SOKAPU, Isaac John Sirjay, they lamented that Maraban Agban Kagoro came under attack, with scores killed, properties and houses burnt. They pointed out that it was one of the uncountable number of attacks launched against the Southern Kaduna people. The Trumpet gathered.

According to the statement, “it is worrisome the manner with which the criminals have continued to operate with no deliberate attempt by security bodies to intervene or stop the suspected Fulani terrorists from attacking our communities.”

The group explained that the government, both at the state and the federal levels have failed to end the mindless attacks on their people and arrest the perpetrators.

The youths urged all not to sit and watch while their kinsmen were led to the slaughter like lambs, their lands taken, their children butchered and their sisters and daughters raped to death.

They noted that every inch of land in Southern Kaduna is an inheritance from their forefathers and remains the exclusive entitlement of their offspring.

Read Also: Suspected kidnappers rescued from jungle justice by police

They vowed that they cannot abandon or cede an inch of Southern Kaduna to anyone at this time, not when their forefathers and fathers died protecting it.

“For the LORD our God is He that goeth with us, to fight for us against our enemies, to save us. Above all, brethren, let’s continue to look up to the heavens from where our help comes,” they added.

Meanwhile, the death toll from Sunday’s attack by terrorists has risen to 26. This was confirmed to Channels Television by the Chairman of Kaura Local Government, Matthias Siman.

Siman also said that two soldiers were killed while one other sustained injury. He further disclosed that seven other people sustained various degree of injuries and are currently receiving treatment in some hospitals within Kaduna state and Jos in Plateau State.

The State Government earlier on Monday had imposed a 24-hour curfew in two local government areas, including Kaura.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, the Kaduna state government said, “Following advice from security agencies, the Kaduna State government has declared a 24-hour curfew in Jema’a and Kaura local government areas with immediate effect.

“This is to assist the security agencies to stabilise the situation in the areas, save lives and property, and enable the restoration of law and order.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button