By Alex Olise
The police high command in Abuja has given reasons for declaring twelve persons wanted in connection with the murderous act in Isu-Aniocha area of Anambra state of Nigeria. The twelve suspects the Police said were declared wanted for conspiracy, murder, kidnapping, terrorism and unlawful possession of firearm; amongst others.
The declaration followed the dastardly act on January 9, 2022 during which two men were shot dead at a wedding ceremony and beheaded. The bodies were later set ablaze beyond recognition while others were kidnapped.
A statement signed by the Force public relations officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobe and made available to The Trumpet said there were reasonable suspicion for declaring the suspects wanted in connection with the murderous act.
He said, “The Nigeria Police Force hereby declare wanted the following twelve (12) persons in connection with a case of conspiracy, murder, armed robbery, act of terrorism, kidnapping, cultism and unlawful possession of firearms, house breaking, burglary, malicious damage, and conduct likely to cause breach of public peace in Isu-Aniocha, Awka North LGA of Anambra State, Nigeria. The suspects are: Edward Okoye (aka Stone), Donatus Okeke, Onyemazi Ngini, Onyebuchi Nwekeizu Okoye, Nonso Eboh ix. Chukwuka Onyibor, Chukwujekwu Anaekeokwu, Chuka Ilodigwe Chinedu Nwoye Okoye, Nonso Awusionwu Obinna, Cosmos Okonkwo and Chukwujekwu Okoye
“The Police had earlier secured a court order to declare wanted suspects, all male of Igbo extraction with ages ranging from 25 years to 55 years old, natives of Isu-Aniocha, Awka North LGA of Anambra State with heights between 1.5m to 1.7m.
“Edward Okoye (aka Stone), had in conjunction with others shot two men dead – one Ifeanyi Anazoba (aka Ichafu) and one Chukwuebuka Amodo (aka Mutum) at a burial function in Umuzuocha Town Hall, Awka South of Anambra State on 19th January, 2019, beheaded them and burnt their bodies beyond recognition; kidnapped two others, and vandalized two properties valued at over 1.2 billion Naira. The suspects equally attacked and brutalized some mobile police officers in detail to restore calm to the community.
“The Nigeria Police Force therefore urges all well-meaning members of the general public to assist the police with useful information which would facilitate their arrest and ensure they are brought to justice. It further assures that justice would not just be done in the matter, but would be seen by all parties in the matter, to have been done as the police will leave no stone unturned in unraveling the ugly and criminal incident