ISAAC JOB, UYO.
No fewer than three persons were reportedly killed on Tuesday morning during a fresh attack in Inen Community, OrukAnam local government area of the state.
Our Correspondent gathered that the victims were killed in their different houses when some hoodlums arrived in the community in a motorcycle convoy to rob them.
An eyewitness Johnson Akpakpan said the first house they ransacked was where the previous victim in last year’s cult clash Mrs Choice Etuk was almost killed but rescued through the intervention of the governor’s wife Dr Martha Udom Emmanuel.
He said the hoodlums accosted Mrs Choice Etuk’s stepson before they killed him and escaped with the victim’s brand new motorcycle.
Narrating the incident, Akpakpan said the hoodlums suspected to be cultists from neighbouring communities proceeded to Elder Sunday Jumbo’s compound and killed the second and third victims and bolted away with a “POS” machine.
Another eyewitness who pleaded anonymity said the killing is cult-related as the hoodlums came from neighbouring local government for the operations.
“I cannot establish whether the group is Debalm or Iceland confraternities. But we are suspecting that they are not robbers. If they were robbers, they would have collected the motorcycle, money and ” POS” machine without killing the victims.
“We are shocked that this incident has returned to our community after the whole village was deserted last year because of cult related killings ”
We don’t want to do this again, are living in fear now Nobody knows what will happen next ” he lamented.
Meanwhile, the Chairman of OrukAnam local government area Hon Kingsley Frank has mobilized all Joint security team to restore peace in the area.
One of the residents in the community who pleaded anonymity said the council boss gave ultimatum to all the cultists in the community to fetch out the perpetrators of the crime as the security Agencies are investigating the killings.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in AKwa Ibom, SP Odiko Mcdon confirmed the incident but explained that there are conflicting report regarding the number of victims in the sad incident.
“There is a conflicting report concerning the number of victims involved. But as a command, we have commenced investigation to avert more killings.”
“We are out to establish the cause of the incident. We are determined to ensure that the culprits are brought to book” he said.
Click on The Trumpet to follow us on our facebook page for more: