Oborevwori floors Edevbie at Court of Appeal
By Gabriel Elozino, Asaba
The Court of Appeal, Abuja has upturned the lower court verdict that disqualified Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori as the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP for Delta State.
The victory of Oborevwori was confirmed by his Chief Press Secretary, Denis Otu through his official Facebook account.
Details of the judgement are outlined as follows:
1. Allegations of fraud such as fake documents cannot be resolved by originating
2. Case of forgery cannot be decided by affidavit evidence
3. The court just held that the suit ought to have been commenced by writ of summons and not originating summons.
Read Also: Group urges N/Delta govs, NASS to reject proposed water resources bill
4. The court has also held that since the matter is founded on presentation of forged documents will require calling of witnesses.
5. The court also held that the cause of action of David has not crystalized for the court to assume jurisdiction
6. Originating summon was wrongly done
7. Lower court had no jurisdiction to entertain the suit
8. Issue one is resolved in Favour of the appellant
9. Edevbie’s case was not ripe because Sheriff’s name has not been sent to INEC