Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo loses son after his 60tieth hat-trick

Oviri Kelvin, Sports Editor, Abuja

Cristiano Ronaldo has lost his son to the cold hands of death on Easter Monday after he recorded his 60tieth hat-trick on Sunday against Norwich at Old Trafford.

The Manchester United forward and his partner Georgina Rodriguez had last year, October 2021, announced that they were expecting their twin babies.

However, at the instance of the sad tale, Ronaldo took to his social media accounts to break the news of his son’s demise noting that they are being consoled by the surviving girl child.

He said, “It is our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away.

“It is the greatest pain that any parents can feel.

“Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live in this moment with some hope and happiness.

“We would like to thank the doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support.

“We are all devastated at this loss, and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time.

“Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, Manchester United have consoled with the player over the unfortunate incident.

The club which retweeted Cristiano Ronaldo’s post, said, “Your pain is our pain, Cristiano.

“Sending love and strength to you and the family at this time,” the club added.

Read Also: Roy Hodgson laments Watford’s late-minute slip

Liverpool Football Club in a condolence message said, “All of us here at Liverpool FC send our deepest condolences to you, Georgina and the family.”

Rival neighbours to the Red Devils, Manchester City, have also sent their condolences to Ronaldo and his family.

The Blues of Manchester said, “Everyone at Manchester City sends our deepest condolences to you and Georgina.”

Click on The Trumpet to follow us on our facebook page for more:

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button