Defence & Security

Anxiety mounts over alleged terrorists’ invasion, as Jenew Homes threatens legal action

By Paul Michael

Fear has currently gripped residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) over an alleged invasion of private estate by terrorists popularly called bandits.

Some national dailies had reported that a large number of armed men, suspected to be bandits, in the early hours of Monday attacked ‘Genuine’ (Jenew) Estate, in the Gwarinpa area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, and allegedly abduct an unspecified number of persons.

According to the report, the bandits who were armed with machetes, daggers, and cutlasses, outnumbered and overpowered the security guards on duty and invaded some houses in the estate on 6th avenue behind Efab Queens.

A source was quoted as saying, “They operated in the estate for about three hours. They abducted some of the residents.”

However, FCT Police Command spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, said the case was a robbery case, not kidnapping.

Adeh said the police had already been mobilized to the scene to ascertain how the incident happened.

Residents of the area and FCT are currently apprehensive over the alleged invasion of the estate by the terrorists.

Reacting to the news, Anna Yusuf whose parents reside in the area said her parents confirmed the news to be true and cautioned people living in Gwarimpa to stay safe.

“Gwarimpa people please stay safe. My mom and dad live there and confirmed this to be true!” she tweeted.

Also, a resident of FCT who simply identified himself as Mohammed said everyone is in trouble as nowhere appears to be safe anymore in the country.

Read Also: Buhari’s senior aide, Darazo rallies support for Tinubu

“Gwarimpa for that matter; directly or indirectly everyone is involved in this; it’s even worse than it seems; until great attention is engaged to these, everyone is in trouble,” he stated.

Meanwhile, Jenew Homes estate Karsana, Gwarinpa Abuja has debunked the alleged invasion of bandits on its property, saying the report was fake. The company said there was neither kidnapping nor robbery incidence in their property.

The Real Estate company threatened to carry out legal action against the news media that public the report should they fail to describe the story as fake news on their social media handles within 24 hours.

According to a press statement by the company on Monday, Jenew Homes Karsana is one of the safest estates in Abuja, adding that security remains the watchword of the company.

“Good morning, today we woke up to the news of Kidnap at Jenew Homes estate Karsana, Gwarinpa Abuja, and calls have been coming in from residents who saw nothing happen where they live and families of the resident who wants to know about the safety and well-being of their loved ones.

“In the wake of insecurities in the country Jenew Homes Karsana, Gwarinpa, remains one of the safest Estate in Abuja and security remains our watchword and we want to assure the general public, Jenew Homes residents, their loved ones, and our well-wishers that there was no kidnapping, robbery or whatsoever at the Estate and we call on the general public to disregard this misinformation.

“And also, the media houses who put the news on its platform without proper findings and verification to desist from this act and have been given 24 hours to withdraw and to post on its social media platform that the news is false, failure to do so within this period will result to Jenew Homes Nigeria Limited to take legal steps,” the company said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button